Vervaeke Group Leverages AI-Driven Network from Juniper Mist with Infradata, to streamline Operations and Improve Employee Efficiency.
Infradata and Juniper Networks announced today that Vervaeke Group, a leading international chemical and fuel logistics provider, has chosen the Wireless LAN (WLAN) platform from Mist Systems, a Juniper company. With the solution, designed and delivered by Infradata, Transports Vervaeke streamlines network operations and improves employee productivity in the company’s garages, warehouses and office locations across Europe.
From the Benelux, northern France and the Ruhr region of Germany, Vervaeke Group serves its customers all over Europe, transporting chemicals, gas, fuel and other dangersome goods. It also offers a wide range of international logistics services by road, train and sea.
After doubling in size through two acquisitions in the last three years, the company’s IT department has been focused on consolidating and modernizing applications and creating an agile digital workplace that fosters flexibility. By designing, implementing, operating, maintaining and managing best-of-breed solutions, Infradata enables customers to drive innovation and value by delivering agility and flexibility into their organization. Making these organizations future-proof. An AI-driven network from Mist Systems was key to this endeavour, enabling consistent and reliable access to disparate tools from any location, while simultaneously providing the insight needed for IT to ensure the best possible user experiences.
- Infradata designed and delivered the AI-driven network solution to Transports Vervaeke.
- Transports Vervaeke is in the process of modernizing fleet management operations, starting with the customization, maintenance and operation of the applications, systems and processes needed to manage 750 tractors, 1,000 tank trailers and 750 tank containers. This enables greater support for mission-critical operations around the shipping of dangerous loads, particularly where auditable compliance is important.
- Mist Access Points and Wi-Fi Assurance software is essential to Transports Vervaeke’s digital transformation project. For instance, it enables mobile devices to gradually replace clipboards and paper in garages and warehouses so technicians can access work orders remotely, update workflow tasks, check inventory for parts, place orders and even automatically trigger invoicing when jobs are complete.
- The Mist Wi-Fi solution is also available to employees and visitors in the company’s corporate offices. The company now has the flexibility within its offices to be mobile with laptops and handheld devices. When employees travel to other company locations, their devices are automatically connected upon arrival.
- With Mist’s WxLAN policy engine, office and field workers gain the benefits of remaining connected throughout the facilities while the IT team retains control over network usage. Administrators can configure role-based policies to block or shape traffic for applications that are undesired on the business network.
- Transports Vervaeke has reduced troubleshooting time, using Marvis, Mist’s AI-Driven Virtual Network Assistant. This delivers unprecedented connectivity insights, ultimately simplifying network troubleshooting and operations for the company.
- With virtual Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) built into the APs and unsupervised machine learning, Mist Systems simplifies and boosts the accuracy of location services. Transports Vervaeke plans to leverage this virtual BLE capability to identify and locate vehicles for required servicing, maintenance or cleaning as they enter a site, further streamlining operations.
“We are in the midst of a full digitalization of our company and we have made a lot of progress around our processes and information flows to ensure smooth operations and continued growth. The expertise and ease of contact with Infradata helped us to save valuable time and increases our flexibility on the work floor. With the Mist’s AI-driven solution, we can revolutionize our operational environment, deliver a better experience for our employees and optimize our business processes.”
Mario De Smedt, IT Manager, Transports Vervaeke
Your dedicated Mist and Juniper Networks experts
Infradata is an award-winning Juniper Elite Partner with advanced security and enterprise routing specialties, and the distinction of multiple certified engineers on staff. Our engineers are recognized by Juniper as technical experts and advocates of Juniper Networks solutions. That means you can count on Infradata for the technical know-how and hands-on experience to accurately assess your networking requirements, and design, implement, and manage a Juniper-based solution to suit your needs.
April 21 2020
Get in touch with us today
Do you want to learn more about this subject, or do you have specific questions? Give us a call or leave a message.
Infradata is an award-winning Juniper Mist partner and reseller. Our seasoned engineers deliver premium support and can execute projects on any scale.